Most new kitchens require an accurate sink and hob cut out before intstallation of the appliance. Traditionally the kitchen fitter will use a tape measure and straight edge along with a jigsaw to carry out this task.
TopMarker is a brand new tool that makes this job more efficient and consistent.
TopMarker will assist the kitchen fitter to cut out an accurate aperture in which to fit a sink and hob. It works with a range of worktop widths.
TopMarker can also be used to mark measurements for the placement of door handles.
Use it to mark out a 45° angle on your worktop – internal or external.
If the hob is to be fitted in a corner situation there is a 22.5° angle.
TopMarker is made from 13mm Compact Grade Laminate and is guaranteed never to warp.
It is a handy kitchen fitters tool for efficient and consistent cut outs. No measuring, marking, levelling and then rechecking all measurements. Use TopMarker and mark out and cut with confidence first time.
TopMarker is to be used on the leading edges of the front or back of the worktop
The specified markings relate to standard cut out sizes required eg. a standard hob of 560 x 480mm or sink of 930 x 480-485mm
Other measurements are located on the marker for different size cut outs.
To obtain the 560mm Width for a hob place the TopMarker on the front edge and use the 280mm hole from the centre line. The marker will have to be turned over to draw the markings for the right side eg. from the centre of the hob 280mm to the left and 280mm to the right totalling the 560mm requirement. The marker can be turned around and lined up across the back of the worktop to extend this line.
To obtain the 480mm depth of hob/sink place the TopMarker on the front edge of any standard worktop eg. 40mm thick x 600mm.
Use the specified holes on the marker to locate the front edge markings for cut out.
Use the pre-determined measurements on the measurement slot for the back marking.
Use a marker pen to draw these lines.
See below for examples:
600mm Worktop – 480mm Hob/Sink – Use 60mm hole for front edge & 60mm hole for back edge.
616mm Worktop – 480mm Hob/Sink – Use 60mm hole for front edge & 76mm mark for back edge.
650mm Worktop – 480mm Hob/Sink – Use 60mm hole for front edge & 110mm mark for back edge.
600mm Worktop – 485mm Sink – Use 60mm hole for front edge & 55mm mark for back edge.
616mm Worktop – 485mm Sink – Use 60mm hole for front edge & 71mm mark for back edge.
650mm Worktop – 485mm Sink – Use 60mm hole for front edge & 105cm mark for back edge.
TopMarker can be used to mark out a corner 45° worktop cut (internal or external).
There is also a 22.5mm angle that can be used if the hob is being fitted in a corner situation.
Use the 40mm hole to mark measurements for the placement of handles on doors eg. 40mm in from the leading edge of the door.
- Make sure all cables are clear of the router.
- Make sure the work piece is correctly supported.
- Always use protective goggles when using the router.
- Do not switch router on with blade touching the work.
- Never remove the router when it is switched on and moving.
- Make sure there are no obstructions to the path of the router.
- Never try to cut more than 10mm depth on one cut.
- Do not force the router too fast. This can damage expensive router bits.
- Never remove the router from the jig whilst it is in motion. Always allow router to stop and switch off before removing.
- Ensure that the section of the worktop to be routed out is well supported from below.
- If routing for a long period of time, we advise that ear protection is worn.