The Unika Compact Lock Jig is designed to cut the mortise and face plate recesses for popular door locks.
The lock jig uses a set of interchangeable laminate templates which can be used to cut the following sizes:
Face Plate: Lock Body:
6″ x 1″ 4 1/4″ x 3/4″
4 3/4″ x 1″ 3″ x 3/4″
2 1/4″ x 1″ 7/8″ x 5/8″
Deep mortises can be achieved with a suitable size of auger bit.
Unika Lock Jig produces quick, clean and accurate results on doors (including hardwood) 34mm to 58mm thick.
- Small and compact means it does the same job as the larger lock jig but a lower cost
- Made from 12mm hardwearing compact laminate, it is guaranteed never to warp
- Small single piece jig means it is easy to store and transport to jobs
- Self centring when clamped to the door
Jig Plate (600mm x 100mm)
2 Self Centring clamps
- 6″ x 1″
4 3/4″ x 1″
2 1/4″ x 1″
- 4 1/4″ x 3/4″
3″ x 3/4″
7/8″ x 5/8″
- Make sure all cables are clear of the router.
- Make sure the work piece is correctly supported.
- Always use protective goggles when using the router.
- Do not switch router on with blade touching the work.
- Never remove the router when it is switched on and moving.
- Make sure there are no obstructions to the path of the router.
- Never try to cut more than 10mm depth on one cut.
- Do not force the router too fast. This can damage expensive router bits.
- Never remove the router from the jig whilst it is in motion. Always allow router to stop and switch off before removing.
- Ensure that the section of the worktop to be routed out is well supported from below.
- If routing for a long period of time, we advise that ear protection is worn.